- Event 24th Bucheon International Comics Festival (online)
- Dates 2021. 09. 04.(Sat) ~ 09. 12.(Sun)
- Festival Themes New Normal, New Connection
- Host The Korea Manhwa Contents Agency
- Organizer Steering Committee of Bucheon International Comics Festival
- Sponsor Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Gyeonggi-do Province, Bucheon, and more
Features of the 24th Festival
New Normal, New Connection
In the era of a new normal of embracing the post-COVID-19 condition wherein social distancing and online communication became part of everyday life, the world of comics creates new value through new connections.
|Online Exhibition||Online Exhibition(2D)||
“New Connection: Views with Different Angles”
(Winner of the 2021 Bucheon International Comic Festival Awards)
|Comics Contents Market||
|Enjoy Cartoon City||
The 24th Bucheon International Comics Festival poster by comic artist Sim Woo-do, who won the Grand Prize at the Bucheon International Comics Festival Award last year for his work “Udukeoni,” expresses the festival’s theme “New Normal, New Connection.”
The poster features smartphone as the most symbolic object in modern society today and expresses smartphone communication between people in buildings. Inside the image of the smartphone, windows metaphor people living inside buildings; and within the frame, people are engaged in communication—direct or indirect—in their own ways.
s It represents communication in the new normal era during which people maintain social distancing and communicate in various ways.
Festival TIME TABLE